The Silverleaf culinary department is directly responsible for member and guest satisfaction in all food operations including dining, banquets and bar service. Their purpose is manage all aspects of the food production/execution for dining, banquets & bar service. To provide friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service to the members and guests in accordance with Silverleaf Club standard operating procedures, mission statement and core values. Seek opportunities to create memories by anticipating needs, exceeding expectations and building relationships.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent
- At least 2 years previous service experience in a luxury private club, resort or high-end restaurant
- Strong knowledge of the following: English language; five star customer service; casual, fine dining and banquet food.
- Food Safety Certification (if not already acquired, will acquire upon employment)
- Must have previous five star banquet experience
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required; long hours standing, bending, squatting, repetitive motions and/or walking
- Heavy work – Exerting up to (50+ pounds) of force frequently. Constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Ability to physically handle knives, pots, supplies & display items as well as grasp, lift & carry same from shelves & transport to every area of the kitchen/club. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (main kitchen, grill kitchen & stone house kitchen, ect.) Proper usage & handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, food processors, grinders, mixers, & other kitchen related equipment.
- Must have high level of physical fitness
Unusual working conditions: May be scheduled nights, weekends, holidays and occasional overtime; may work indoors or outdoors in a variety of weather conditions; working with wet/slippery floors, sharp objects, fumes and electrical equipment
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Safety Sensitive Position
Pay: $13 to $16/hour
Based on experience
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal